In today’s world everyone is concerned with health.
But due to our packed daily day schedule, it becomes really difficult to follow certain habits that can improve our health.
If you are one of those and wish to add something to your life which can help you improve your wellness a bit, then Kava is for you.
It’s a drink that’s made out of kava root.
You have to get the kava powder from the root and then mix with warm water and finally use a coconut shell to strain it and drink it from the shell itself.
Normally this kava root is found in the islands of South Pacific but you can certainly ask for it in your local store too.
Benefits of Kava tea
There are plenty of benefits that you can get if you start drinking kava tea on a daily basis:
1. Stay away from Cancer
Well consumption of kava root on a regular basis can certainly cure bladder cancer, at least the studies say so.
And if you do a research of your own, you will find that kava tea can help you protect from having cancers as well.
2. Control your Blood Pressure
Well, studies have shown that kava can be used to control your blood pressure but there is a side effect of kava in this aspect too.
This root tends to interfere in blood clotting as well, which can be fatal in some cases, especially if you are to go through a surgery.
So, the best thing will be to consult a doctor before you start consuming kava tea on a regular basis.
3. Control Your Cholesterol Level
Although some studies reveal that regular use of kava can lower skinfold thickness and body fat.
But it’s not really evident whether it can control your cholesterol level though it can put some effect on your cholesterol level in a good way.
4. Killing the Anxiety and Depression
As the researches have shown, kavalactones is amongst the important of the components of Kava root.
And it can certainly affect your brain and nervous system in a positive way which tends to calm you down.
This results in lesser amount of stress, depression, and anxiety.
Also if you use kava on a regular basis, it can relax your muscles to some extent as well.
5. Effective for Bodybuilders
Due to the fact that kava has a positive effect on your body muscles and relaxes them.
It can actually help you in building body by negating the effects of body trainings there by allowing you to take more muscle strain.
6. Treat Cold and Cough
Kava tea can be a really good answer to problems like flu, cough, cold, and other types of infections of your respiratory tract.
7. Treats Erectile Dysfunction
Due to the ability to reduce stress and calm down nerves, it can prove to be useful in treating Erectile Dysfunction problems.
Normally, anxiety and stress are the main reason of ED and if you can control them, you can certainly have control over ED as well.
But in case you have some other serious issues regarding your ED, you will have to consult with a specialist, rather than consuming Kava.
Kava root can also be really good in boosting sexual intercourse as well.
Since, the root powder is capable of increasing blood flow, it can surely help you get steady sexual stimulation.
8. Get a better Sleep
Kava can also be a great solution in treating insomnia as well.
Regular consumption of Kava can surely help you have a deep sleep.
So, next time you feel like you need a deep sleep for long time, have a cup of Kava tea and that might do the trick for you.
Well, even though there are plenty of benefits that you can get from having Kava Tea on a regular basis.
But still, there are few things that you need to keep in mind before you can actually go on and start having it on a daily basis.
- In case you have liver related problems or you are an alcoholic, it’s not recommended that you should use Kava at all.
- There are certain drugs that may not fit well with Kava as well. For example, drugs like antipsychotics, antithrombotics, etc. may have a problematic reaction if consumed along with Kava. It can certainly affect your liver pretty badly.
- Although there is a particular type of kava available in the market known to be as the noble kava, but scientists insists on using 3 years old kava at the least so as to get the best quality kavalactone. Also, make sure to buy the roots not the stumps.
- Make sure to peel the root first. Avoid using any leaf or any aerial part. Make sure to use water for the extraction; do not use chemical or alcohol at all.
- Use of kava excessively may result in jaundice, so watch out for such symptoms and make sure to stop consuming Kava instantly.
- Although there are not much harmful effects of using Kava, but still it’s really good consult with a doctor before you start consuming it on a daily basis.
How To Prepare Kava Tea?
If you wish to prepare kava tea at your home the process is pretty much simple.
- Powder of Kava root: 1 cup
- Lukewarm water: 2 cups
Step 1: Take a large bowl and pour warm water in it. Now mix kava root powder with the water.
Step 2: Leave it for 20 minutes for the root powder to soak it.
Step 3: Now use muslin cloth to filter this mixture. Squeeze the filtered juice in a separate bowl.
Step 4: Once done, put the residue mixture in warm water again and repeat step 3.
Step 5: Serve in a bowl or a cup.
So, now that you know the benefits of using kava root powder and the way to prepare the kava tea, start consuming it on a regular basis.
And, you should start enjoying the benefits in no time at all.